Monday, October 15, 2007

The Encyclopedia of Me - A

I have been enjoying reading my daughter Sebrina's blog entries titled "Encyclopedia of Me".

So come along, play along ... if you enjoy these entries, leave me a comment, I'd love to see what you are writing about yourself.

A - Adoption, which for very selfish reasons gave me Gabriella.
A - Apples ... I love apples, Cortland, Gala, Honeycrisp Golden Delicious, Fuji, homemade apple pie with a slice of cheddar cheese, apple crisp with a dollop of vanilla ice cream, apples with my oatmeal, slice apples with Parmesan cheese if you please, apple cake ... here's a great apple cake recipe, thanks to a friend who got this recipe from Lang's Pioneer Village.

Apple Cake
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 cups flour (we used 1 cup light spelt and 1 cup whole spelt)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter milk (we used 1 Tbsp vinegar and 1 cup rice milk)
1 egg

Cream butter & sugar. Add egg. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add buttermilk. Add 2 cups finely cut apple (or rhubarb). Pour into greased and floured 8" pan and bake until firm in the centre.

Optional Topping:
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Mix well and sprinkle on top of cake before baking.
Oven is at 375 degrees and bake for approximately 40 - 45 minutes.

No comments:

Printing

Print Posts