Friday, October 5, 2007

Jayden's Six

Last night we went to Mike & Sebrina's to celebrate Jayden's Sixth birthday. (Our second grandson).

There was much excitement from the moment we came through the door:

"What's in that bag Mammy?" asks Jayden.
"Is it my birthday present?"
"Can I carry it upstairs?"
"Can I open it now? ... pleeeeeeeease"

So off Jayden trots carrying the bag which by now has gone by the wayside, so he can actually see, feel & shake the gift itself. (The bow on Jayden's head in the picture was actually on the package).

Now we get to have hugs and kisses from Zander and Ryan. The fun of coming to see these beautiful children never wears off. When we finally get up all the stairs to the main level, there is darling Gabriella sitting on the floor flashing me her "mammy smile".

Sebrina already has my "medicine" ready (that is a Bloody Caesar) which, because it works very well thank you for my knee pain has been nicknamed "medicine" by my son-in-law Mike.

Soon we sit down at the table to have yummy pizza and a homemade caesar salad.

Of course all this time, poor Jayden is having the hardest time waiting to open his gift. Daddy says he must wait until we are all finished dinner. He does manage to do this, but not without fidgeting & jumping up and down and asking about a million times "Can I pleeeease open it now?"

Well, the moment has finally arrived and Jayden rips through the wrapping. It is a Game Boy Advance along with a Pokemon game. He is so excited .... "This is exactly what I wanted" ... he runs over to me and plants a big wet kiss on my lips and a bear hug to say thank you, then he runs over to Poppa with some more of the same treatment. Nothing better than after-dinner kisses to share a little left-overs.

Then after the excitement Sebrina brews some delicious coffee and we have the birthday cupcakes ... OMG they are to die for. Devils food chocolate cake with butter cream icing and a surprise inside (a Lindt white chocolate truffle). I'll have two please, one for each hip!

The bow on Jayden's head gets passed around and ends up on my left ear leaving me looking like a ........ well, I'll leave that to your imagination. Ryan turns around and sees the bow on my ear and proclaims, "You look gorgeous Mammy, can I marry you?" I think that this child is going to make some woman very happy someday - he certainly knows how to make his mammy's heart sing.

No comments:

Printing

Print Posts