Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Shoes


Okay, I admit it ~ I love shoes. Unfortunately due to very painful feet, I can only wear flats, but occasionally you can find some really pretty flat shoes. In fact, I recently found a gorgeous pair of purple suede pumps with an open toe. Great with all the plum pieces I have added to my wardrobe this season.

On this past weekend Don and I went to see a personal trainer to be properly fitted for athletic shoes.

Because Don trains regularly for marathon runs, he requires a perfect fit in a shoe to avoid injuries. As walking does not inflict the force on my legs and feet that running does, I require a less technical shoe, but still with good cushioning to hopefully prevent more pain when I do my 5k walks.

And, as you can see from the picture, I got my first pair of running shoes. (Believe or not, I've never owned a pair of running shoes).

Due to the amount of walking I am doing now, my Clarke's walking shoes were not providing enough support and my plantar fasciitis kept rearing it's ugly head. So, swallowing my love of shoes, I was fitted with a pair of New Balance 758.

Now I have to say, these are so ugly, I'm just not into athletic gear ~ does that say anything about my personality? Hmmmm.
Give me my black leather skirt, black tights and my new purple pumps anyday.

Tell me, how does a girly girl wear these ugly things? I'm going to have to develop a whole new mind set about athletic clothing. Well, maybe as long as it's Lululemon athletic clothing, I guess I can suck it up and feel a little fashionable while I'm walking.

Putting aside their appearance, these are however, the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever put on my feet. The cushioning on the bottom is miraculous, preventing any soreness on my feet. I'm going to try them out today for a longer walk after I get back from my morning group meditation.

3 comments:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

They are beautiful, I love the color. I laugh that these are your first pair of running shoes. And BTW, a picture of you in that leather skirt, tights and purple shoes would be nice ;-) As we say around here about beautiful ladies - they would look good in a potato sack. You are a beauty Barb so make those running shoes work !

Barb said...

Vickie,
I am humbled by your lovely comments. Thank you.

Alli said...

Although they are ugly, your body will thank you for investing in a good pair of walking shoes! They will ensure that you can keep wearing your purple pumps without any added pain! Also, I am sure you can find a way to make them look amazing! I completely agree with Vicky!! :)

Printing

Print Posts