Tuesday, April 21, 2009

More Girl Power

I have a friend who always tells me, "You're such a boy".

Well, I must admit, I love building things and I especially love power tools. I'd much rather spend time in Home Depot, Rona, Millwork, etc.... than clothing stores. Now don't get me wrong, I love clothes shopping but construction materials, my new Dewault 18V cordless drill or my compound mitre saw ~ now that really gets the creative juices flowing!

Here, so far are the results of my latest project. My boxed in venting in the basement which incidentally I am quite proud of. I made it by simply building ladders and hanging them in vertical and horizontal configurations. Easy peasy!

And here is the partition that I built to split the room in half. Oh by the way, I also levelled and hung the door myself. I used the cottage grade pine panelling, because we can't get a 4' x 8' sheet of drywall in our car, so this was my solution. I will paint it out to match the room. The door was one that was in a bathroom the previous owner installed in the basement, but didn't vent any of the drains, so we took it out and I found a good use for the door. It will be painted white like the rest of the trim in the basement.

My mom says, I should hang out a shingle and go into business. She tells me that I could probably build an entire house if I really wanted to. I got news for her ~ I don't.
As each project is completed, it becomes much more pleasant to exercise downstairs. Now I'm at the point where I am getting impatient for the carpet and ceiling to be finished.

5 comments:

Colleen said...

girl -- you are awesome!!

Alli said...

WELL DONE!! I too absolutely love building things. Power tools and hardware stores hold a special place in my heart! I think it was being an only child and loving to hang out with my VERY handy dad! Every summer I have a new project on the table and this year there are many...I will keep you updated!

I really like the pine paneling it gives the wall texture without wallpaper!

Sebrina Wilson said...

Wish I inherited this trait :-)

Vickie LeBlanc said...

You are multipurpose woman I tell ya.

julochka said...

i think it's so cool that you're barb the builder! i have to admit, i had no idea. :-) that's just so excellent!!!

Printing

Print Posts