Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Remember the Craft Room Project

Remember my craft room which was upstairs being painted pink with wall tattoo's, but then had to be moved downstairs as my mom moved in with us, so bedrooms were shifted around and my craft room became my bedroom.

Well, here is a reminder of what it looked like when we started.


And here is how it looks now - not complete yet - but the venetian plaster is finished, the chair rail is installed and painted. As well, I added a few accessories to make it feel more homey when I work down there. It's starting to look like a real room and I can hardly wait to get crafting.

It's not pink like I did upstairs, but because it is in the basement and without windows, I chose a warm plaster colour called Tuscan Sun and then washed the entire wall with a thinned down white wash to accent all the strokes from the plaster application.

The mirror to the right of the picture is actually 5' wide by 3' high, so it picks up the light from the window on the opposite side of the basement and bounces it around the room also adding to the brightness.

The carpet is yet to be installed and also the ceiling is not finished yet, but soon I can finally get back to crafting, since everything has been packed up and not easily accessible since the big bedroom shift.

Stay tuned, the final unveiling shouldn't be too much longer.

By the way, here's how my old craft room looks now ..... a very pretty, very girly room for me - the resident Princess. I can have my dolls, my teddy bears, my girly pictures and I don't have to share them with anyone.

Of course I'm told that's due to my rather loud sleeping voice otherwise known as "snoring".

5 comments:

COLLEEN said...

Love the princess room; I am so jealous - I want my very own girly room one day.

The craft room is great; when can I come over to craft something with you??

Sebrina Wilson said...

Very nice!! Both rooms look great! and now that I know you can install chair rail... :-)

Barb said...

When the room is done Colleen, you are very welcome to come and spend a day crafting with me. I'll look forward to that. Barb

Vickie LeBlanc said...

The new crafting room looks fabulous Barb. I love the wall color and chair rail is always so neat in a room.

You think if I get Dave a girly room he'll stop snoring :-))

julochka said...

love the tuscan sun plaster and the huge mirror to catch light is a great idea in a windowless room! and as always, it's so good for me to see progress on household projects. :-)

Printing

Print Posts