Friday, October 3, 2008

Fun, Fun and More Fun

I just came back from spending two days with my daughter and two of her four children.

Her husband was on a business trip, so she asked if I would stay to help her out.

What a lovely time I spent with her and two of my four grandchildren. The two older boys spent this time with their "Grandma Bubbles".

We lazed around drinking coffee, Bloody Caesars, enjoyed Sebrina's great cooking and baking, camping out in the loft with Zander watching a veritable cornucopia of movies - Ironman, Enchanted, Nim's Island and Spiderwick Chronicles, talking, sharing and enjoying my grandbabies ........ but, the most interesting part of my visit was these two boys above.

There was quite a lot of excitement at their home with these two new Bengal cats who joined their family on Wednesday. It was fun watching all the posturing of the other cats trying to establish territorial rights and interesting to see the different stages the two new boys went through as they adapted to their new surroundings and the other animals in the house.

BTW, the one on the left is Brahm and on the right is Harrison.

The first night, Brahm spent the whole night meowing, growling at the other cats and pretty much preventing Sebrina and me from sleeping. Harrison hid under a bed and we didn't see him at all that day or night. The next day Brahm still enjoyed his position, growling, hissing and letting the other animals know that he (or so he thought) was king. Harrison decided to poke his head out of the door around noon.

These lovely boys are very different from any cats I have ever known, quite a bit more like a dog, very affectionate, love water - Sebrina got some great shots of Brahm playing with the water stream from the kitchen tap.

I have never been what I would call a cat lover, never had much interest in owning a cat or even bothering with them, but these two beauties have won me over with their physical beauty, their gorgeous personalities and the piece de resistance ......... I'm not allergic to them. Reason for no allergy is that they don't have fur, they have a pelt like a large cat (they are a domestic cat derived from the wild Asian Leopard Cat), and no underfur.

Their markings are striking and it looks like their personalities are going to add some interest to this household.

3 comments:

julochka said...

thanks for sharing these cool cats! they look so intelligent and self-assured (what cat doesn't), it makes me want to go out and get one. or two! ha! :-)

Chris said...

How fun for you Barb! What beautiful cats they are, I've never heard of them before. My eldest son is allergic and we once had a cat named 'Gadget' who I know I loved more than anyone else did! How many cats does your daughter have? I enjoy their personalities....they can be so aloof!

Vickie LeBlanc said...

One might be making its way to your home ?

Printing

Print Posts