Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Princess

My beautiful grand daughter .... how fortunate we are to call you our own.

How well I remember that first day ... waiting for the driver to take us to the orphanage, pulling into the gates, getting out of the car, wondering which hut you were sleeping in, going through the door, and then that very first moment I saw you, seeing the tears of joy flowing down your mom's face as she held you in her arms, my overwhelming feelings of love as I held you to my breast for the very first time ... the tears that spilled from your mommy's and my eyes as we realized the great sacrifice your Enat (birth mom) made so that we might know the happiness of having you as a member of our family.

Although you are only two years old, already I can see in your face the woman you will become .... strong, independent, beautiful and proud.

Happy Birthday my girl.


She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impair'd the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o'er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express
How pure, how dear their dwelling place.

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!
Lord Byron

No comments:

Printing

Print Posts