Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day to all who love, who are loved, who have ever been loved.

Here's a picture of the sweet dessert I made for my Valentine.

It is a devil's food chocolate two layer cake. In between the two layers is whipped cream with mashed raspberries. Then drizzled over the whole cake is a chocolate ganache. I added some fresh raspberries on top just to make it look pretty.

Sebrina is the marvelous baker in our family, but this is actually quite easy. Although it is a scratch cake, the recipe is very simple. It always turns out perfectly and is delicious. This cake always gets rave reviews when I make it for company.

It is very rich, very decadent, very moist.

This dessert will follow a special dinner of Tuscan Smashed Potatoes and Oven Baked Barbeque Ribs. (This is special because I would usually cook a meal like this on the weekend).

I know that my Valentine will enjoy it ....

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints .... I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! .... and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

Elizabeth Barrett Browning

No comments:

Printing

Print Posts