Monday, August 27, 2007

New Furniture


Don & I decided to treat ourselves to some new furniture for our 20 anniversary.

After researching quite a few stores, I found Bassett Furniture. They have beautiful, quality furniture. Although they are on the expensive side, the furniture will last .... I'm sure it will outlive me.

We kept our dining room set, but added on 6 new chairs. My chairs were very loose and no amount of glue could tighten them up and as well one of the seats had actually cracked in half ... was being held together by the fabric & padding on the seat. The table style leans toward Sheraton, so I chose the Louise Phillippe chairs - see above. They have fairly straight lines with a little embellishment by way of carvings on the top edges of the back of the chair. I think they will blend quite nicely.

As well, we have not had a coffee table in the living that was ours but have been using an interesting over scale Rice Bowl (chawan) that belongs to Don's younger brother, so I finally took the plunge and purchased our own.

All in all I'm quite happy with my choices, I sure hope that they look as great in my home as they did in the showroom.

I had the dining chairs upholstered in a custom fabric, so I have to wait for one month for the arrival of my new furniture and patience is not my strong suit. Will update when it's here.

No comments:

Printing

Print Posts