Saturday, June 9, 2007

What a Wind!

Well, the storm that ripped through Durham Region yesterday decided to tear apart my 23 year old Maple tree.

I was standing at my kitchen window watching all the trees in the ravine behind our home bending as if trying to escape the powerful force of the wind as it blew through our area. Then while I was standing there, the Maple bent over at a precarious angle and then slowly, came down on our hot tub & deck. We lost approximately 2/3 of the foliage portion of the tree and it ripped away over half of the trunk.

We don't know if it will survive or not so are going to call an arborist to come and take a look at it.

I can almost feel the pain of the tree when I look at the horrendous injury it sustained.

"Human judges can show mercy. But against the laws of nature, there is no appeal. "

No comments:

Printing

Print Posts