Thursday, June 21, 2007

Ahhhhhh - Grandchildren


Is there anything more wonderful than a grandchild??

Don & I just spent the morning with Ryan, Jayden, Zander & Gabriella. The excitement when we come to the door could warm even the coldest heart. When we ring the doorbell, we hear them thundering across the floor, come racing down the stairs, then unlatch the door and launch themselves at us. Zander is usually first in line. Although nearly 4 years old, he is such a cuddle muffin. Then we get the kisses and hugs from Ryan and Jayden. Their love is so genuine - adults could take a lesson from child-like love.


Then upstairs we go, "Mammy, Poppa, come and see us play this game, play with us. Won't you sit with us and watch, see how good we are?"


Soon, Gabriella wakes up from her nap. She comes out in Sebrina's arms, sees me and gives me one of her beautiful smiles. He soulful eyes reach deep into my soul and touch me. Poppa and I get to have quality time with Gabriella now, while Sebrina makes wonderful freshly ground coffee and Pomegranate & Raspberry muffins. Yummy!!


We cannot leave until Poppa goes outside to play soccer with Zander. Then we talk about the family picnic on Sunday for Uncle Paul & Auntie Sarah's engagement and upcoming wedding. Ryan & Zander ask if they can go with us in our car. Zander says "I am in a big-boy seat now Mammy, so I can come in your car". I tell Zander I don't want him to grow up to be a big boy because then we won't have our cuddle sessions anymore. He says, "When I'm a big boy we'll have bigger hugs and cuddles Mammy".


Then Ryan runs over and gives us a double hug, "I love you" he says. My heart melts. "I love you more" I whisper in his ear. Ryan then stretches his arms wide and says, "I love you this much Mammy". So I stretch my arms, "I love you this much Ryan!" Of course my arms are longer so in his childlike wonder he points to sky and says, "I love all the way up to the sky". Okay, I guess he wins.


Who wouldn't want grandchildren.

1 comment:

JoyceAnn said...

Hi Barb , I just came over from Vickie's @ Frenchy Addict blog.

Your Grandchildren are beautiful and its wonderful to see such a loving relationship with them. I'm Grandmother to three and my oldest daughter is expecting in December. I feel the same way about my Grands , they're the light of life.

Your paintings are great , I love the rooster.

Sorry to hear about your Father , will say a prayer for you and your Family.

~ Blessings ~
JoyceAnn

Printing

Print Posts