Sunday, September 30, 2007

On Turning One

Our darling Gabriella is turning one!!!

Sebrina took this picture of her in her sweet new birthday outfit.

She is having Gabriella's birthday party one week early to accommodate me and my knee surgery. As my surgery is on the 16th of October and Gabriella's birthday is on the 21st of October, my girl is doing this for me so I may come to her birthday party.

Thanks Seb.

How amazing it is to me to think that only one year ago, we were still waiting anxiously for a referral on a child. It seems that Gabriella has always been part of our lives. There is no doubt in my heart that this particular child was meant for our family for a reason.

"Gabriella ... you make Mammy's heart sing my beautiful girl."

When you look at me with those beautiful eyes, you reach deep into my soul and touch an intimate part of me, when I walk in the room and you give me my "mammy smile", it almost brings tears to my eyes. You had my adoration from the moment I held you in my arms on March 1st, 2006 in Ethiopia.

Enjoy this family you have been given and devour every bit of their love and devotion.

Reach for the stars my darling ... they are yours for the taking. There is nothing you cannot do, if you set your mind to it.

Grow in grace as each year brings you closer to becoming the strong, proud woman I know you are destined to become.

So much love is here in my heart for you."

No comments:

Printing

Print Posts