Saturday, December 19, 2009

Olympic Torch

What an exciting moment this was!!

On Thursday, the Olympic Torch came through our area carried for 300 metres by John Stanton, a gentlemen from Edmonton, Alberta, who founded "The Running Room" located throughout North America.

Don and I went out the see him run and pass the flame to the next torch bearer. It was an exciting and much more emotional moment that I had anticipated.

Afterwards, Don had to go back to work and he dropped me off at home. At the last minute I decided to pop back into The Running Room to pick up his book and see if he was still there to autograph it for me.

Lucky for me, he was there and the manager suggested I have my picture taken with John. As I stood beside John, he put his arm around me and then at the last moment pushed the torch into my hand to hold.

This was quite an honour to actually hold the Olympic Torch and to meet John, who gave me quite a few tips on my walking program.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

How exciting!! The torch came through our little town too and caused quite the uproar of excitement here.

Printing

Print Posts