Monday, March 22, 2010

Green

As you know, I have radically changed my lifestyle by adopting a vegan lifestyle, juicing, eating a 60/40 raw food diet.

And now, I have added "green monsters" to my diet.

What ~ you ask is a green monster"

Well, let me tell you, it is the yummiest smoothie (raw food) I have every tasted.

I discovered this marvelous website thanks to my daughter called "The Green Smoothie Queen". I spent hours perusing this site, pouring over the information therein, and then I jumped in with both feet. Since Monday of last week, I have replaced one meal each day with a green smoothie. There are recipes posted here, but you really are only limited by your own imagination. I put a banana in every smoothie for the sweetness and potassium, and then everything else is whatever happens to be in the fridge .... blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, mango, papaya, avocados and then, I stuff in as much leafy greens that I can fit in the blender. I have used spinach, kale, romaine lettuce, parsley and swiss chard. I also throw in a spoonful of ground flax seed for the EFA's.

You won't believe this, but you can't even taste the greens. (My grandsons drink one of these "green monsters" every day and they hate vegetables.) Now, I do love my greens in salads, sauteed, in soups or .... pretty much any way at all, but this is a great way to get them in their raw form which is the superior way to consume vegetables and fruit. So I get all the wonderful nutrients and goodness from the greens while enjoying a smoothie that is sweet, thick and gloriously delicious. On her website, the Smoothie Queen suggests using water to make the mixing easier. I use a little almond milk which adds even more to the creaminess of the smoothie. I was talking to my daughter about what liquid she used in her smoothies and she said she saved a little leftover juice from her morning juicing to use. As I said earlier you are only limited by your imagination.

Prior to adding this to my daily menu, my energy had most definitely gone up, my daily fight with fatigue disappeared, but now, my energy is practically blowing the roof off my house. I can't seem to slow down or stop.

Simply amazing!!!!! I don't remember feeling this well in well over 20 years as I have fought to deal with my arthritis, my fibromyalgia along with other health issues.

So, grab your blender, some fruits and as much greens as you can fit in the blender and whip yourself up a cup of pure energy.

Savour the moment of blending as you enjoy watching the beautiful fingers of green lacing their way up through the fruit as they turn your concoction into the most vibrant shade of green which will tickle and tantalize your taste buds. But be prepared for the revitalization you will most certainly be rewarded with as you continue to blend your greens into a yummy, yummy smoothie.

My daughter ~ Sebrina recently did a post on her blog called Radiance. Pop over there and have a read and you'll know exactly how I feel lately.

Purely radiant.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Printing

Print Posts