Tuesday, October 27, 2009

No More Allergies

Well, here I am again with more interesting steps along my journey to "good health".

Yesterday I underwent a holistic allergy clearing known as "Bioenergetic Intolerance Elimination (BIE)".

As I am extremely allergic to dogs, cats, dust, mould and through my life have tried all the conventional methods ~ skin testing, allergy shots, antihistamines & decongestants, corticosteroid inhalers and rescue inhalers, etc, this method seemed like a good choice since nothing else has ever addressed the root of the problem ~ only masked the symptoms.

I cannot even visit my grandbabies without taking an antihistamine and then using my rescue inhaler at least 2-3 times.

So in my quest to get off chemicals and regain good health with a healthy immune system so I can fight viruses, colds, influenza and other nasties that might come my way, I decided to have my allergies cleared.

This was a very interesting process. First let me explain (to the best of my ability) what BIE is.

BIE is a safe, effective and non-invasive alternative therapy for assessing and eliminating allergies, sensitivities and intolerances.

BIE works by “clearing” the energetic pathways of the body. These bioenergetic pathways, or meridians, whose existence has been confirmed through electro-magnetic imaging technology, allow energetic signals to flow continuously throughout the body via the nervous system. Any number of factors can cause a disruption in the normal (healthy) flow of energy through the body’s meridians. These disruptions interfere with the communication between the brain and body, causing energetic abnormalities which can underlie a wide range of symptoms and conditions, including allergies, sensitivities and intolerances.

During the procedure, the client is exposed to the allergenic substance (which is held in a glass vial), while a hand-held device is used to transmit a low electronic frequency at various meridian sites on the body. As the electronic frequency clears blocked meridians, the body’s cells interpret the allergen’s energetic frequency as “non-threatening”, resulting in the elimination of adverse reactions to the cleared allergen.

BIE is quite different from conventional methods of treating allergies. The most widely used conventional allergy test is the scratch or pin prick test, whereby an area on the skin (usually the back) is scratched or pricked to allow for a small dilution of a suspected allergen (typically inhaled allergens such as pollen, mold, dust and animal dander) to be applied and absorbed into the body. The appearance of redness and inflammation within 20 minutes confirms an allergy. Since the scratch test measures only one specific type of allergic response (IgE-mediated), it does not reliably detect food, chemical or environmental allergies and sensitivities.

Another significant drawback to the conventional approach to allergy is its reliance on pharmaceuticals to control allergic reactions and their symptoms. Antihistamines, inhaled orticosteroids, bronchodilators, aminophylline, oxtriphylline and theophylline medications may be used to provide temporary relief from symptoms, however, these short-term solutions pose the risk of serious long-term side effects (melatonin depletion with antihistamines; calcium, vitamin D, potassium, zinc, magnesium, vitamin C and folic acid depletion with corticosteroids; depression, insomnia and cardiovascular disease with bronchodilators).

In contrast, because BIE addresses the issue of allergy energetically, it is painless and non-invasive and can be used to assess the body’s reaction to virtually any substance. Further, a distinct advantage of BIE is its ability to restore the body’s proper physiological functioning without the use of pharmaceuticals and without any lasting adverse side effects.


During my appointment with the holistic allergist, she used muscle testing to determine the severity of my allergies using the substances to which I exhibit allergic reactions. So I brought fur from each of the animals that I react to. I had a very strong allergic reaction to the dogs and cats, reaction slightly less to dust and mould.

Then I went through the clearing which took about 20 minutes. Afterward she, using muscle testing again to check my allergic reactions to the substances. No more allergies to dust, mould, and all the animals but two had cleared. She said they would likely clear within 3-4 days.

For my followup appointment in December she suggested that I bring dust samples from my home and my daughters (the two places I spend the most time) for a clearing.

All I can say at this point is Hallelujah - now I can visit my daughter and her family without suffering asthma attacks, itchy & runny eyes, scratchy throat, sneezing, coughing and just way too much liquid draining from my nose.

5 comments:

Colleen said...

That is fantastic Barb. It still amazes me that the body has such healing capacity. As long as we work with it instead of against it that is.
:-)
I am so happy for you.

Sebrina Wilson said...

So cool!!! My mom was here today and for the first I think.. um ever!! She did not have an Asthma attack.

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Great news Barb. For some unknown reasons the allergies I've had for the past year+ are gone. And the funniest thing, I never noticed when my nose and sinuses cleared up. It's just last week when I thought to myself "hmmmm, my face is not stuffed up, when did this happen". And I did'nt do anything except wait.

Barb said...

Vickie, That is very interesting and wonderful for you. My hayfever over the years has also dimished as I've grown older, however, my asthma has continued to get worse and the more I was exposed to Seb's animals, the more attacks I experienced.

This holistic clearing was my last option as I refused to use steroid inhalers prescribed by my family doctor to control my asthma.

So wish me luck on my continued alternative journey to health. Love Barb

Vickie LeBlanc said...

I am wishing you lots and lots of luck and happiness of course.

Printing

Print Posts